Monday 20 April 2020

Keeping abreast of the at-home-worker during the so-called corona virus shutdown


 
Keeping abreast

I may have mentioned that all our nerds are working from home, whether in apartments, tents or low-end public housing.

In the “ancien” way of doing things, I would wander around, or slum around R&D cubicles to sense the environment, gossip and get the “drift” of things. Sadly, this face to face, in your face, HR is not presently applicable. I don’t want to catch this "so called virus" and pass it to my 144 year old Mum.

This having been said, I developed a easily deploy-able tool to access the pulse of the organization; this tool allows me to send CEO Stan a daily bulletin full of warm and cold, big and mid-size data, which he calls, “The National News, read by Gloria Ramsbottom”. 

Stan leaves out my last name, Lemieux, which he cannot pronounce nor spell.

The tool is a short multiple choice questionnaire, and in the spirit of pretending to be kind during this so called virus or epidemic, I shall share this agile questionnaire.

1     Since I’ve started working from home, I admire our management even more
A-Agree
B-Mais oui
C-Ja

 2   The person that I most respect in our senior management team, besides CEO Stan is
A-Cost-cutting Mister Herr Krebbs, the CFO
B) Comrade Carl Marks
C-The right honourable Dr Professor Gloria Ramsbottom

 3    The best to describe our company is
A-Humane and compassionate
B-Humane and compassionate
C-A and B

 4     If need be,
A-I agree to discretionary effort

 5     Miss Cynthia Axe, our chief downsizer is

   A-Cutting Edge
   B- A worthy lackey 
   C-Useful white trash

Gloria and Ms Axe


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best