"No one pays for knowledge anymore". This is a self evident truth. It is also true that "el saber no ocupa lugar", a very Spanish claim.
In the hope of generating revenue, hungry OD vendors, trainers, snake-oil salespeople and change managers provide free webinars.The goal of these free webinars is to tease the naive viewer into buying yet a second webinar.
Often a free webinar can consist of several bear traps to spend money, bear traps (piege a ours) being a term my late Dad used to use.
However, since no one should pays for knowledge anymore, I want to provide a list of guidelines regarding how to choose the best free leadership webinar available.
1) It must be brief. I would say 90 seconds is optimum.
2) It should provide free tips. May I suggest 3 tips as a minimum.
3) The presenter should speak the Queens English, and have a name that is pronounceable.
4) The webinar should also provide a free book as an incentive for attending.
5) The webinar should be tailored to your organization for free.