Sunday 8 June 2014

Contingency Plans are more important than big data

Inspiring names


Wifey, the wife of our CEO Stan, sent me a text: 

"Gloria, Stan and I agreed that the names of the conference rooms need to be more inspiring-text me some suggestions; Stan wants this to be done on Monday morning, so put this on priority; WE are waiting for your suggestions. Wifey."

Wifey must know that I have no priority list. I am in HR, and handle texts all at once and one by one, in line with my core values of responsiveness and HR business partnership.

I had already prepared a contingency plan for changes like this, which I sent to Wifey, in a timely fashion.

  Stan's Conference Room: The Worldly American

  HR Conference Room:     The Vatican

  Sales Conference Room:  Ground Zero  

  R&D Conference Room:    English Only SVP

  Accounts Payable Room:   Greek Treasury 

  Ms Cynthia Axe's Room:    Chambre Defarge Room

Hugh White from Diversity registered his objections to the name of HR conference room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best