Friday 16 May 2014

The Upside of Downsizing

Every cloud has a silver lining


My father Pierre Elliot Ramsbottom would have asked me, "Glo, how can you be an HR manager, sprouting slogans and firing people all year around? What's gotten into you, ma bichette?"


Well, Dad died when Trudeau was Prime Minister and Obama was still in Hawaii, so I don't really need to answer papa directly.

However, I may have told Dad that there are many upsides to downsizing, and here is what HR needs to do to provide context for positive downsizing, which is a word I love.

1) Focus on future growth
2) Set up an "Early Bird Retirement Plan"
3) Re-engage people quickly using slogans which change weekly.
4) Leverage the skills of people like Cynthia Axe, and "fly above the clouds" during (pendant) the week when heads roll, so to speak.
5) Use the word big data.

Dad used to punish me when I spoke back to Mama and I do not want to think of what he would say were he to hear my bullshit answer.

I loved Papa and I miss him, but I get paid well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best