Sunday 23 March 2014

Oxford here I come



As my career as HR thought leader sky rockets and the road is almost paved for me to lecture (in Latin)  in Oxford, I want to thank those who have shaped my career.

My Dad, Pierre Elliot Ramsbottom, used to tell me all the time, "Glo, for Christ's sake, get real". 

So I focus on real HR, where people are spare parts, people is my middle name, and business partnership is holy. 

Dad spoke to me in French, especially when he drove, when he was angry at me or Mom, when he read news about Quebec or when he filled out his income tax. (My French skills make me very exotic to my American colleagues).

My mom, Constance Ramsbottom, always told me "Gloria, it's not only what you say, but how you say it". And because my voice is shrill, I text as my major venue of communication, making me "the most responsive HR manager you"ll never know". That's French grammar, in English!


Ms Cynthia Axe, my brainless re-sizer, and Hugh White (the white heterosexual lad who runs Diversity) are proof positive that slavery exists in this very century. I thank them, even as I struggle to promote them within two decades.


Oxford, here I come.


Merci!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best