Wednesday 12 February 2014

One year of Gloria

CEO Stan eating cost effective lasagna prepared by chef Beauregard-Goldstein

A certain Ms Cynthia Axe, early Bird Retirement, standing next to Hugh White

The lecher Comrade Carl Marks, R&D Chief

The right honourable Gloria Ramsbottom-Lemieux, EVP HR
Mais oui! That's me!


Gloria has been around for one year! Mais oui.

On year ago, Gloria was conceived whilst I was taking part in on-line OD discussion-list in which I felt participants were detached from reality; I  created Gloria to try to get folks to get real. 

I failed and Gloria was attacked as "pessimistic and unreal". I left that list on my own will, and took Gloria as well as my realism with me. 

In the meantime, Gloria has been expelled from some LinkedIn groups for "giving lip", and I have been accused of using Gloria to self promote (you gotta be crazy to believe that Gloria PROMOTES my OD consulting business).

A shocking aspect about Gloria's blog is how many people do not realize she is fictional. Gloria once looked for an OD vendor to solve product immaturity and cash flow issues in "a 15 minute contract", and  "she" received 12 serious OD proposals. When Gloria asked for a 90 second webinar on Japanese culture, she got 2 proposals.

In one year, Gloria has gone from 17 hits a day to 400 hits a day. The goal is 1000 daily hits by the end of 2014. Then, the book.

And thank you for following her. I hope Gloria makes your day as happy as she makes mine. Gloria is a work of frustration, admiration,  love and self pity!

AS
One tattoo visible; 2 more hidden


Mais oui!


5 comments:

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best