Sunday 16 February 2014

Implementing ERP (HR Module); some "unexpecteds"

ERP was supposed to be simple. Mais non!

ERP project coordinator Winston Wu convened a meeting with me today to discuss the ERP HR module, and some challenges we are all encountering. 
I do not like when Wu uses the royal "We". 
I do not like Wu in general.

"Gloria, there are issues of process clarity which need to be 'cleared up" in order to implement the HR module. 
Let's take an example: If R&D Chief Comrade Carl Marks and Cynthia Axe (Early Bird Retirement) decide to fire an employee, who is a Chinese, gay, Jewish and an expat, who "signs off" on this? 
Is it Comrade Carl, Ms Axe, or Hugh White (the straight white boy who runs Diversity)?  Please clear this mess up for me."-said Wu with a smirk on his face.

As Wu spoke, I was texting CEO Stan on a business partnership issue, so I was not all that attentive.

I countered, "Winnie, this is a technical matter. The answer is, "it all depends. In the end, just get your staff to adapt the IT process to the flexible nature of our HR business partnership module. Winnie, HR folks are like brain surgeons, and we cannot be bounded by protocol". 


Follow me at @GRamsbottom



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best