Tuesday 7 May 2013

Bank Holidays-what a horrendous mess I am in

Some of the people in our "Scotch" and English office had a Bank Holiday yesterday, for heaven sakes. In global companies, there are no such things. Not even in NYC! Or Boston!

Stan texted me and chewed my ear off for allowing this non global and unsustainable manifestation of "destructive local autonomy".

Stan bellowed, "The French close down for the summer, the Jews celebrate New Years in September (or October) and the Chinese have new years in Feb. Now the Scots (sic) and Brits have a bank holiday? Put an end to this Gloria, or else you will lose your seat at the table."

I sent a "text" to all, cancelling all tribal and British holidays. I mentioned that the Scots need to abide.






No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best