Friday 3 May 2013

Diuretics will be eliminated from our "wellness package" and toilet availability will be aligned with our retention strategy

Various types of retention strategy


Today, we had our weekly RRR meeting ( release readiness review) for Software Release 0.0000000.1, due to have been released 14 months ago. At the review, Chief Nerd  Comrade Carl Marks spoke for 4 hours on a list of "developmental challenges" that his foreign nerds are addressing, such as client ignorance and user lack of sophistication.
May I note that the churn rate of talented engineers who speak English is 300% a quarter. However, cost of labour is low.

CEO Stan noticed that 
during Comrade Carl's 4 hour presentation, many folks had urine retention issues .  
During the RRR, Stan texted me and asked me to develop a "Retention Strategy" that will "enable focus and alignment".

It was unclear if Stan was referring to retention, or urine retention. So I used my common sense and updated our process as follows:

Diuretics will be eliminated from our "wellness package" and toilet availability will be aligned with our urine retention strategy.


I remember that my Dad Pierre Elliot used to watch Friday Night Boxing on American TV, "pumped up" into Canada. One Friday, just as he took a frequent bathroom break, the fighter he was betting on was knocked out cold. He looked at me  and said, "Christ Gloria, I wish I would not have missed that".

4 hours!
Like a politruk!



1 comment:

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best