Friday 25 November 2022

Our HR mission for 2023: Passion for Growth with a Stiff Upper Lip

 


It makes no sense to dither or dilly dally or to shirk issues like a CFO who refuses to deal 
 assertively with the bank on cash flow issues. Ever since the so-called corona virus and the outbreak of working from home*, so-called mass resignations and the clammering of the masses for a cost-of-living increase to cope with so-called inflation, the masses have become empowered much like a paper tiger.

Pressure on the HR function has been non-wow. We ladies have been blamed for every ill of every ilk under the sun. As a matter of fact, even where there is no sun such as in Denmark or Scotland, HR ladies are blamed.

We all bear our cross, as it were. Except the non-Christians of course. For example, we have 12 Jews, 14 Bhuddists and 17 Mohammedans, who certainly don't bear crosses, if you get my drift. Well, I guess that it is best said that I bear mine with the fortitude of my Dad, Pierre Elliot Ramsbottom who used to tell me, when referring to my Mom, that "we all have a cross to bear".

This having been said, I have decided to update our mission statement for 2023 in the spirit of our times: Passion for Growth with a Stiff Upper Lip. This mission will serve as a light unto the people to love and cherish expanding their output above and beyond with self-sacrafice and devotion, whilst grinning in face of adversity, or at least not complaining.

I have outsourced the implementation of this mission to a vendor in the Upper Volta, who will get back to us by December with a budget quote and time line. 


*WFH was fuelled by Spanish academics, who want to retain the siesta and long lazy mornings after 1 am supper.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best