Defining away complexity is a sustainable part of HR's role
Following a communication fiasco between R&D and Sales which ended in the flinging of 3 hot pizzas into the open space of Sales by angry Indian, Chinese, Russian and Israelite nerds, CEO Stan texted me to "put together a procedure to prevent this type of event from happening again".
I sent this text to "all":
- The preferred channel of communication is texting, or Whatsapp groups.
- Meeting face to face is done only if there is no other choice.
- Messages should be no more than 20 words, crisp and civil.
- Each text should have one, simple to understand idea.
- Texts can be sent in English or poor English ; the Russian language is banned.
- If you have an accent, and cannot pronounce certain letters like W, you must spell properly anyVay.
- Hugh White, the white heterosexual boy who runs Diversity, gives exemptions from proper spelling.